Sunday, August 19, 2012

18.08.12 More of the same

After a great day yesterday I needed more, so I sent Murray a text that night that I would pick him at 7am.
So at 7am Murray was outside waiting. We headed to Tatapouri ramp to launch and to head out deep to Baistows to fish in 200 metres of water. The wind was less than yesterday and we were able to slow drift over the features but sadly the fish were not co-operating, we managed 1 Bluenose for 4 hours work. We headed towards South rocks, to an area I call the wall where the sea rises up from 100 metres to 60 metres, we found again good sign and dropped the anchor and managed 14 nice sized Terakihi before we drifted off (again the anchor not holding in the mud).

Back on land , just perfection.
The wind had gone and again the sea turned to glass, so we decided to check out a few of the rocks around. After drifting over a few different areas and not finding much we came to a area I call "the rope" (I got my anchor stuck there a few years back) and Murray got a double strike of small but legal snapper. We set the anchor and were into snapper and soon the size started to get bigger, the smaller ones were released with us keeping a dozen nice sized snapper up to 3kg's.
The day just got better and better, we didn't leave till 4.30pm for the 45 minute ride back to to ramp, spring is differently here.

No comments:

Post a Comment