Thursday, April 26, 2012

22.04.12 Snapper time

With the weather still good I took out a friend (Little Ed) who was over here from Australia on holiday, we headed out to the spots I was going to take the girls on Saturday, heaps of sign but no fish, so we headed back to where the girls caught theirs. In went the berlie and soon the snapper and again the barracuda were on the bite. We managed to bin 9 or 10 nice 2-5 kg snapper in between replacing hooks and leaders, The action was good with Little Ed enjoying himself, with the day coming to an end as well as the bait I made one last big bait for my line and cast it out, with in minutes I had a big hit and by the feel of it it was a big snapper, after 5 care full minutes of playing it in, Little Ed managed to net the snapper and she was a beauty. We pulled the pick and headed back over a glassy sea, I rang a friend who is a weigh master and we weighed the snapper in at 11.155kg to take the lead on the clubs board. What a weekend after 3 months of crappy weather this was one out of the book, hopefully more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment