Saturday, April 6, 2013

very quiet at the moment

I went in the Young Nicks Charity contest with Evan and Sue as crew, we managed a few snapper stray lining, but nothing big enough to get us on the leader board. The last day Sue and I got into the skippies, boating 30 for the freezer.
Monday I took the day off from work and went out again for more skippies with Gnome for our cricket trip to the cape, as usual we only caught 8 as they seemed to have dispersed, small groups all over.
Easter was a toss up whether I took gazebo up to Bowentown or not, looking on the web, the forecast wasn't the best so I left her at home, as one would expect the weather was perfect and what was worse the snapper were biting with limit hauls for most. I manged to get out on the brother in laws small runabout in the harbour and we managed 20 snapper in 2 metres of water - It pays to watch fishing programs on TV as I got the clue how to catch snapper in the Harbour from the programme "Big Angry fish" which did a lot of its filming from Bowentown. Every place is different even though you are targeting the same species. Only 10 sleeps until our fishing trip to the cape, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment