Monday, November 19, 2012

Bowentown

Being on holiday is great, Deb and I loaded Gazebo and hitched it on to the Prado and headed up the her sisters batch at Bowentown, The weather was good and on Saturday I  managed to get a couple of guys I know who are good fishermen to crew and we headed over to Mayor Island on a perfect sea of glass, We dropped anchor on a reef 3 km before the Island in 70 metres of water fishing was slow but we managed to catch a dozen Terakihi, one snapper and live baited 3 John Dory, not a great days catch but we heard later from the locals that the fishing was really hard at the time so I suppose we didn't do to bad then. Tuesday I took my brother in law who was over here from Australia out for a fish, again the conditions were great but no matter what we did we couldn't catch a thing, the Bay of Plenty is such a fickle place to fish, where as Poverty Bay where I am from seems to yield consistently, maybe the early explorer Captain Cook got the names around the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment