Wednesday, May 30, 2012

28.05.12 Gutted

With only 5 days to go till the end of the 11/12 fishing season for the Gisborne Tatapouri sports fishing club, Ray Scott went out and caught a magnificent 13.065kg snapper to knock me off the leader board. So out I went again on Saturday to my spot with half of my bait freezer on board, We berlied up in lumpy conditions, the perfect glassy sea from Thursday and Friday had gone as usual with a quick southerly front Friday night. The fishing was slow I manged 3 nice eaters of around 3kg and Murray 1 before the snakes (barracuda) arrived on mass, taking tackle as fast as we could retie it, so time to leave. We headed out to the drop off for a Hapuka (Groper) fish, but only managed 5 nice 4kg Bluenose scattered between sharks and spiney dogfish fat with eggs. After 3 large sharks in a row we had enough and headed back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment